How do I get my License?

As of October 1, 2009 a Marriage License in the State of Connecticut can only be obtained from the town of occurrence. The marriage MUST be performed in the town indicated on the license.

Marriage License Hours are by appointment only.  Email or call (203) 245-5672 to make arrangements.

wedding-ringsYou must call/email ahead with the date and time you wish to come in to ensure there is a Registrar of Vital Records available in the office to execute the license. 

wedding-ringsPlease email your completed worksheet at the time of your appointment request to:

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my License?
2. Do we both need to be there?
3. Do we need blood tests?
4. What else do we need to bring?
5. When may the license be used?
6. What is the fee?
7. What happens to the certificate after the ceremony?
8. Do we need an appointment?