The weather forecast is for Tropical Storm Isaias to be in Connecticut Tuesday, August 4th in the afternoon and evening. At this time the expected conditions include sustained winds of 50-60 MPH with gusts up to 70 MPH
Please take time now to prepare for these weather conditions. This is a good time to:
- Check the supplies in your emergency kit (including but not limited to: non-perishable food, medications, water). View the Be Red Cross Ready guide.
- Determine where you will go IF you need to evacuate. Shelter locations and situtations may be different during the current pandemic.
- Secure outdoor items such as lawn chairs that can blow away and in some cases cause damage
- Refresh batteries in flashlights and radios. Be prepared in the event the power is out for multiple days.
- Fill your gas tank
- Visit our website at https://www.madisonct.org/storm for more information.