Comments by followers should be clean and appropriate. Followers who consistently disregard this policy are subject to being banned from the Town of Madison’s social media sites indefinitely. The Town of Madison (Town) reserves the right to remove content from town social media sites for any reason, including submissions which:
- are obscene, vulgar, or explicit including masked words (***), acronyms and abbreviations
- are abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to defame or intimidate any person, business, organization or governmental agency
- promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, gender, national origin, social caste, sexual orientation, disability or disease
- are clearly off topic, disruptive, random or unintelligible
- are fraudulent or deceptive and intended to mislead page followers
- links to third party websites
- are intended to compromise the safety or security of the town
- promote products, political organizations or campaigns
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- advocate illegal activity
- violate any town policies
The Town social media sites are not monitored on an ongoing basis. The comments expressed on the town’s social media sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions and official position of the town.
All posts and comments made on the town’s social media sites are subject to the Freedom of Information Act or other public records laws as may be applicable.