The Committee is charged with:
- Gathering information as detailed below;
- Providing said information to the public;
- And ensuring that a comprehensive and unbiased survey of Madison taxpayers and residents is conducted with regards to the future use of the Academy School building and fields using a polling firm specified by the Board of Selectmen.
In consultation with the polling firm, the Committee shall at a minimum consider possible uses for, disposition, and/or demolition of all or a portion of the Academy School building including cost estimates for each option. By way of example, options to be considered should include:
- The entire parcel (building and field) or a portion thereof of the building for municipal use
- The entire parcel (building and field) or a portion thereof of the building for private use
- Public-private partnership arrangements
- The inclusion of the Island Avenue Property in any of the above options
- Full demolition and partial demolition options, including a recommendation on utilization of the property after any demolition
The Committee shall review and summarize the prior studies that have been conducted of the building in preparation of the survey/poll. Upon the completion of the survey/poll, the Committee shall report the findings to the Board of Selectmen.