MADISON - TAX NOTICE - REVISED
Governor Lamont signed Executive Order 9R-Extends Tax Deferment Program
The second installment of Real Estate and Personal Property tax on the 2019 Grand List is due January 1, 2021. Also due January 1, 2021 is full payment of the Supplemental Motor Vehicle tax on the 2019 Grand List.
Tax Deferment Program-Eligible taxpayers have an extended grace period of three months from the original due date of January 1, 2021. The last day to pay without penalty is April 1, 2021. If any payment due January 1, 2021 is not paid or postmarked on or before April 1, 2021, such tax will become delinquent and subject to interest of 1 ½ % per month or fraction thereof from the due date. Minimum interest $2.00.
Landlord Eligibility Requirements
In accordance with Executive Order 9R, Landlords must provide documentation; the property being taxed has or will suffer a significant income decline or that commensurate forbearance was offered to their tenants.
Application deadline is February 1, 2021. More information can be found on the form.
Escrow agents are excluded from the Tax Deferment Program and are required to remit property taxes according to their regular timetable.
Taxpayers who are not eligible for the Tax Deferment Program have the statutory one-month grace period. The second installment of tax is due January 1, 2021. If payment is not paid or US Postmarked on or before February 1, 2021, the installment becomes delinquent and subject to interest of 1 ½% per month or fraction thereof from the due date. Minimum interest charge is $2.00. The above is subject to change to conform with the latest Public Acts, General Statutes and Local Ordinances.
Due to the COVID virus, hours of operation may be affected. Please visit www.madisonct.org for updates on hours of operation, and/or unexpected closures. Normal Town Hall hours are Monday-Wednesday 8:30-4:30, Thursday 8:30-6:30 and Friday 8:30-12:00.
- Pay by mail: Tax Collector, PO Box 587, Madison CT 06443. We honor the USPS postmark.
- A secured ”Tax Payment Drop” is located on the exterior wall of the Tax Collector’s Office, left hand side of the Main Entrance. The Town Hall main entrance is across from the Police Department.
- People’s United Bank offers in-branch tax payment processing during the month of January 2021 for current tax bills. Original tax bill must be provided at the time of processing.
- Online payments: Visit www.madisonct.org/taxpayments to pay by credit card, debit card or electronic check.You will be prompted to enter in your 13 digit bill/list number, example 2019 01 0000000. Convenience fees do apply.
- If you prefer to pay by phone please call 855-857-3353.You will be prompted to enter in your 13 digit bill/list number, example 2019 01 0000000. Convenience fees do apply.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not invalidate the tax. If you did not receive a tax bill, please call the Tax Collector’s Office 203-245-5641 or visit www.madisonct.org/taxpayments
Colleen Kiesewetter, CCMC