⚠️We are closed to the public and not taking appointments at this time; however staff is working remotely when possible. Please call (203) 245-5641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Opens email window Opens email window Opens email window Opens email window Opens email window Opens email window Opens email window Opens email window Opens email window Opens email window. Leave your name, phone number and email address and someone will address your concern as soon as we are able.
The First Selectwoman of the Town of Madison has issued an Executive Order 1, in response to civil preparedness and public health emergency, Covid19. *
Tax payments can be made through our online service provider, Point & Pay. *Convenience fees for online tax payments using an electronic-check or debit card are hereby waived until Town government offices reopen to the public for regular business hours, or until the State of Emergency has been lifted by the Governor following the COVID-19 pandemic response.
Online Tax Payments
- To pay a bill, search by your name, property location, list number or account number for your tax balance.
- Select the bill that you would like to pay and click on the green shopping cart.
- Choose to "Pay in Full" or "Pay Due Now" and then click "Add to Cart." If you wish to add more bills, click on the green shopping cart next to the bills and follow the same procedure.
- To checkout, click on your shopping cart and click "Checkout" and then click on "Pay Now."
- You will then be on a secure payment site
- Telephone payments can be made through Point & Pay 855-857-3353
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Electronic checks (e-checks) *
- Visa Tax for Debit program *
- Credit cards (convenience fee does apply to credit cards transactions)
- 2.5% fee, minimum $2
Town of Madison
P O Box 587
Madison CT 06443
DMV Clearances are uploaded on a nightly basis.
The Tax Collector does not have the authority to waive the interest. Interest is by State Statute 12-146.
If you need to speak with us directly, please call 203-245-5641. Leave your name, telephone number and email address and will assist you as soon as we are able.
TOWN OF MADISON
The second installment of Real Estate and Personal Property tax on the 2018 Grand List is due January 1, 2020. Also due January 1, 2020 is full payment of the Supplemental Motor Vehicle tax on the 2018 Grand List. If any payment due January 1, 2020 is not paid or postmarked on or before February 3, 2020 such tax becomes delinquent and subject to interest of 1 ½% per month or fraction thereof from the due date. Minimum interest $2.00.
- Preferred method of payment is personal check, certified or bank check.
- Please proofread your checks.
- We do not take credit or debit cards at the office.
- We do not have a drop box.
Monday-Wednesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday 8:30 am - 6:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am – noon
Options for making a payment when the Tax Collector’s Office is closed:
- By mail: Payment postmarked by the US Postal Service on or before February 3, 2020 will be considered an on time payment for the January 2020 installment. Please make check payable to Town of Madison, P O Box 587, Madison CT 06443. Have your envelope hand-canceled at the US Post Office.
- Online: To pay by credit card, debit card or electronic check visit: www.madisonct.org/taxpayments or by phone 855-857-3353. There is a convenience fee charged by Point & Pay for online payment service.
- People’s United Bank offers in branch tax payment processing during the month of January 2020 for current tax bills. Original tax bill must be provided at the time of processing.
- Need a reminder? Sign up for an email reminder at https://www.madisonct.org/list.aspx Scroll to Newsflash, then Tax Collector, click on either the envelope (email) or the cellphone (text message)