The original Academy School, Hand Academy, was gifted from Daniel Hand in 1884. It became a public high school in 1887. The original school building was demolished and replaced with the current building in 1921. The school was closed in 2004 and transferred to the Town of Madison in 2011.
Studies of the school building suggest that it will cost several million dollars to renovate the property for reuse. Because the site has been vacant for over a decade, and renovation of the building could be costly, the Town is considering multiple options for the future of the building.
The Proposals received in response to the RFP are listed below.
These documents are very large and may take extra time to download.